Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolved

It is officially 2011. Wow! Where did the time go? Now, I already know what you're thinking. I haven't updated this thing in about 2 years. I know that is a ridiculously long time, but a lot of things have happened since then. Shortly after I began blogging, I found out I was pregnant. If you've been there, then you know how quickly your life changes. Suddenly, my love of words was replaced by a love of SLEEP and a constant feeling of nausea. And my free time was taken up by everything baby.

Once pregnancy was over the real mama drama began. When my daughter was about 4 months old I found a strange lump in my neck. I'm naturally paranoid and having a new baby certainly didn't help, but when my husband noticed it, I really freaked out. To make a painfully long story short, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. Two surgeries and one radioactive iodine treatment later, I am officially in remission. So, 2009 was blissfully happy and 2010 kicked me in the face. Hopefully 2011 will bring us back to balance.

Now that I've explained my absence, I hope y'all will forgive me and we can move on to the more important issues at hand. RESOLUTIONS! We all know of things in our life that we'd like to change, and January 1st gives us a good excuse to accomplish them- or at least attempt to! After thoughtful consideration, my family and I have identified specific areas to target this year.

Health: Complete P90X. I ambitiously started this torture treatment last year, but like I said baby, cancer, blah, blah, blah. Beach body take two!

Family: Read to my little girl everyday. I tried to do this when she was a baby, but its difficult to read to a crying infant when you're trying to put her to sleep. It seemed much more idyllic in my head.

Marriage: Date night returns. Like I mentioned earlier, 2010 was a round house kick to the face, and in the process romance was killed. In the words of Justin Timberlake we're bringing sexy back. (Sorry, Nana, if you're reading this!)

Faith: Memorize scripture daily. I have a active spiritual life, but discipline gave way to sleep in 2010 and I'd like to correct that this year.

Intellect: Blog. It helps out my mental functioning to form complete sentences related to adult conversation. If I don't do this, I will become lost eternally in baby land and will forever speak Sesame Street. Hopefully I will show some level of consistency this year. I'd hate to get to 2013 and realize I'd abandoned my blog- AGAIN!

Just Because: Learn Spanish.

So there's my list. Happy New Year to all! I'd love to hear about your resolutions. Share if you dare...

2 comments:

  1. you are a very beautiful person !! you are loved! and admired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your resolutions! I will happily remind you in 6 to 8 weeks that you made them!!

    Seriousy though, I used to make New Year's resolutions but I have a pretty punitive super-ego and found that if I didn't stick to them I felt worse then if I didn't actually make them in the first place. Such a dilemma.

    So, in a way, I resolve not to make a resolution. How is that for profound?

    ReplyDelete